Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards returns for 2020
The Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards are back for a second year, in partnership with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham. The event will be held online only on Friday November 27, 2020 and will celebrate apprentices, employers and training and education providers.
The annual event, which is run by BirminghamLive, had been put back from its original July date until November because of the coronavirus crisis.
But the ongoing restrictions surrounding social distancing and mass gatherings have meant a physical ceremony is unlikely to be possible so it will now be hosted online.
The awards will celebrate individual excellence in six different business sectors, including the overall Apprentice of the Year, alongside recognition for companies of all sizes and training providers
The awards are free and easy to enter via our online form which can be found here along with those all-important T&Cs. The deadline for entries is Friday September 18.
The 2020 award categories are:
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Construction and Property Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Engineering and Manufacturing), sponsored by Birmingham Metropolitan College
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Health, Education and Care – Private or Public Sector), sponsored by Skillsfirst
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Professional Services)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Tech, Digital and Creative Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Travel, Tourism and Hospitality)
– Apprentice of the Year (chosen from the six category winners above)
– Small Employer of the Year (1-50 staff)
– Medium Employer of the Year (51-249 staff), sponsored by BCTG
– Large Employer of the Year (250+ staff), sponsored by The Development Manager
– Training Provider of the Year, sponsored by The Ladder Foundation
BirminghamLive editor Anna Jeys said: “It is disappointing we won’t be able to celebrate the achievements of our winners and finalists in person in November but preparations are already under way to host a spectacular digital ceremony.
“The move to an online only event has enabled us to extend the nominations deadline significantly so there is now even more time to submit your entries.
“We have already received some excellent submissions and we look forward to welcoming even more over the coming weeks and months.”
If you have any questions about entering or the awards in general, please email email@example.com and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like to learn more about becoming a commercial partner of the awards.
For more information visit our events website here and please follow the hashtag #BAA20 for updates on social media.