Retail Hospitality and Leisure Grant
The Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced a grant to support businesses in the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sectors, on top of a scheme to provide Business Rate Relief.
How much is available
Eligible businesses will be entitled to a grant of £25,000
Who is eligible
Only businesses who trade in then Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sectors will be entitled to this grant. A full list of eligible businesses can be found at the bottom of this page. In addition, the business must be occupying a property with a Rateable Value between £15,001 and £50,999. The following properties will not be eligible:
- Properties that are occupied for personal use
- Car parks and parking spaces
- Properties where the liable part is a local authority
- Businesses which, as of 11 March 2020 were in liquidation or dissolved.
- Properties with a Rateable Value of £51,000 or more
How to claim
Birmingham City Council will be contacting businesses who are entitled to these grants. You do not need to do anything. However, you must ensure that your details are up to date with Birmingham City Council. Businesses whose details can be verified quickly will be prioritised.
Click here to ensure that your business details are fully up to date. You will need to have the following information available:
- Your Business Rates Account Number (which you can find on your last bill)
- The Rateable Value of your property, which you can find using the Valuation Office Website
- Your Companies House number, or your National Insurance details, if you are a sole trader
- Your VAT Registration Number
- Your Bank Details
- Information about any State Aid previously received.
Birmingham City Council will begin to process payments of these grants from 6 April 2020. They will write to you once payment has been made. This may take several weeks, due to the high volume of grants to be paid.