We’re Hiring – Projects Assistant
Colmore Business District is looking for an enthusiastic person to become our new Projects Assistant. The purpose of this new full-time role is:
- To assist the BID’s work in relation to public realm projects, art projects and connectivity-related projects.
- To assist in creating, maintaining and improving links between the Colmore BID team and their partners and contractors in relation to projects management.
- To help build strong relationships between Colmore BID and relevant partners.
- To assist with BID projects, with a focus on projects relating to our ‘Outstanding Places’ and ‘Accessible & Connected’ work themes.
- To assist in the overall delivery of the Colmore BID Business Plan.
Colmore BID gets involved in exciting and interesting projects, from Colmore Food Festival to co-producing new public squares in our area and everything in between. You could find yourself helping project manage a multi-million pound public realm improvement one day, to helping out at an event the next.
We think this role calls for a graduate or someone who can demonstrate equivalent levels of capability from experience. We think the right person for this role will be:
- Someone with an insatiable willingness to learn.
- A self-starter; someone who is happy to work under their own initiative once they reach a level of skill and knowledge of the work at hand.
- Someone who doesn’t catch themselves thinking ‘this is not my job’. We didn’t invent the term ‘all hands on deck’ but we embody it as an organisation.
- Someone who already has good oral and written communication skills and is not fazed by office IT.
- Someone who enjoys staying focused on delivery until the job is done.
- Someone who comes to work with good humour and enthusiasm, eager to play a part in the team. This is a job where the phrase ‘are we using the roller-skating Christmas puddings or the human Christmas Trees this year?’ will definitely crop up. Promise.
- Someone who has felt the thrill of managing a project in some personal, voluntary or work-based capacity and liked it.
If you would like to know more, or if you are interested in applying, please contact Jonathan Bryce: email@example.com. . Closing date for applications is 12.00 pm on Friday 21 February 2020.