We’re Hiring – Communications Manager
17 February 2020
Do you love all things communication? Then we want to talk to you! Colmore Business District is recruiting for a new Communications Manager. Responsible for the organisation’s brand and communications output, the successful candidate will:
- Manage, deliver and develop our day-to-day communications activity across multiple channels.
- Shape and deliver our communications strategy over the next four years.
- Help to maintain and develop Colmore BID’s network and position within the city.
- Increase engagement levels with local businesses.
- Maintain current and develop new networks and partnerships to help deliver on Colmore BID’s objectives, and assist in the overall delivery of the Colmore BID Business Plan.
Colmore BID delivers a broad range of projects and services to the commercial heart of the region; everything from additional street cleaning to brand new public squares, from interventions to reduce homelessness to our award-winning Colmore Food Festival. And we want you to help us shout about it. As a key member of the team, you will need to be comfortable getting stuck in to anything and everything whether that’s leading on a key project or supporting one of your colleagues to deliver one of our other objectives.
The right person for this full-time role will be a graduate, or have equivalent level of capability from experience. You will also have spent at least two years in a communications / PR role, either in an agency or client side, and will be looking for your next challenge. You will also be:
- An inquisitive person, always willing to learn and always keen to know what’s happening outside of your own work area.
- A person with a keen eye for detail. Spelling mistakes aren’t the end of the world, but they don’t happen on your watch. Excellent written and oral communications skills come as standard.
- A person who can make connections and can identify opportunity, and who isn’t afraid to act on those opportunities.
- A person who can identify and creatively resolve communications challenges.
- A self starter who is happy to work under their own initiative and who is confident taking the lead when needed.
- Someone who doesn’t catch themselves thinking ‘this is not my job’. We didn’t invent the term ‘all hands on deck’ but we embody it as an organisation.
- A person who enjoys meeting new people and making new connections and who can represent the organisation on and off the clock. You will love being truly immersed in the workings of the city.
- Someone who comes to work with good humour and enthusiasm, eager to play a part in the team. This is a job where the phrase like ‘are we using the roller-skating Christmas puddings or the human Christmas Trees this year?’ will definitely crop up. Promise.
- Someone who enjoys staying focused on delivery until the job is done
If you would like to know more, or if you are interested in applying, please contact Jonathan Bryce: [email protected]. Closing date for applications is 12.00 pm on Friday 21 February 2020.