‘Getting Games Ready’ training programme set to launch in January 2022
06 December 2021
A new training programme with 7000 FREE places is set to prepare businesses across the West Midlands to deliver an unrivalled visitor experience at every touch point during the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Over 2.5m people are expected to engage with the Birmingham 2022 Festival, with a further 1.2m people visiting to experience the Games, presenting a significant opportunity to the region.
To arm local businesses with the appropriate skills and knowledge to create positive experiences and set the region apart as a destination, up to 7000 visitor-facing employees from businesses across the region will be able to take part in the ‘Getting Games Ready’ e-learning programme for FREE as part of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Business and Tourism Programme.
Using the foundations of the globally recognised WorldHost customer service programme which has been used to train hundreds of thousands of people for events including the London 2012 Olympics, Rugby World Cup 2015 and The Golf Open 2019, the ‘Getting Games Ready’ programme will help participants to:
· highlight the very best of what the West Midlands destinations have to offer
· provide a warm, knowledgeable, and inclusive welcome
· share tips about Birmingham 2022 and the cultural festival
· provide up-to-date, accurate and accessible information to visitors
· place the West Midlands on the map as a place to visit, stay and invest
For more information, click to download the info pack.