Heat-related timetable amendments for train services
15 July 2022
Due to safety reasons relating to the hot weather, speed restrictions will be in place on some areas of the train network on Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 July.
Work is currently ongoing with Network Rail to establish the level of service that will run, but we wanted to let you know that reduced/amended timetables will be in place, and journeys will take longer than usual.
Details regarding the timetable that will be running will be available via the link below. Online journey planners will also be updated in due course.
The below timetable information is correct at time of publishing; however, work is ongoing with Network Rail to establish the level of service that can run, and services may be subject to further alteration. Please continue to check for the latest information.
- Cross City line: Timetables are still being determined, but amendments will be in place and fewer trains will be running
- Rugeley – Birmingham International: Services will run between Rugeley – Birmingham New Street only
- Birmingham New Street – Liverpool Lime Street: Services will be running between Crewe – Liverpool Lime Street only (Birmingham – Crewe via Stoke-on-Trent services will be running as normal)
- Birmingham New Street – Northampton via Coventry: 1 train per hour will be running
- Nuneaton – Leamington Spa via Coventry: No service
- Shrewsbury – Birmingham New Street: Services are planned to run as normal, however services are likely to be running between Shrewsbury – Wolverhampton only
You can find the latest updates here – Heat Related Timetable Amendments: Mon 18 and Tues 19 July | West Midlands Railway