Birmingham Festival 23
Colmore BID are proud to be Festival Champions of Birmingham Festival 23. The free 10-day outdoor festival is taking over Centenary Square with live music, performance, creative and participatory activities, and big-screen content to conjure the shared experiences, magic and memories of the summer of ‘22. It will welcome audiences, artists, local communities and volunteers, who reflect the diversity of our city, coming together to watch, listen, relax, dance and play. Commissioned by Birmingham City Council as a sign of its ongoing commitment to accessible culture for everyone, supported by Principal Partners Arts Council England and the University of Birmingham.
What To Expect:
Several series of common events and activities happening across the Festival:
- Sense Wellbeing Sound Bath – offering accessible activities in partnership with the charity for people with complex disabilities https://www.sense.org.uk – open to everyone. Every weekday morning.
- Perry’s Party Picnic – the opportunity to meet Perry, the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games mascot, whilst gathering to eat lunch together, either with a packed lunch from home or from one of the many eateries nearby.
- Made In Brum – platforming local artists from Birmingham.
- Power Hour – a fun workout for everyone. Exercise at your own pace with a range of unusual and fun movement-based participatory activities each day.
- Twilight Takeover – free live performances as the sun sets, soak up the atmosphere
For more info click here