On Wednesday 13th October we published two key reports – a research report from City-REDI and a Response from Colmore BID. These are available on this page. Below you can also find details of the Call for Evidence which was rolled out in the first phase of the Study.
Call for Evidence
We requested input from anyone with relevant knowledge, expertise or experience – including business owners, leaders and managers of all sizes, professionals, investors, property developers, business support and economic development organisations, trade and professional bodies, policy analysts, academics, residents, civil society organisations and others to provide information and analysis.
What were we asking for?
We sought evidence, information, analysis and fact-based judgements. We asked respondents to base their answers on the questions below (but also to feel free to provide supporting evidence on related topics). Organisations were free to answer some or all of the questions.
- How have developments over the last 12 months (especially in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic) changed city centre business districts? How have businesses, professionals and other users of city centre business districts responded?
- What developments (including the Covid-19 pandemic, Brexit, others) will change city centre business districts and the way organisation or sector accesses and utilises them over the next 10 years?
- How do you expect things to change and why:
a) in the next 12 months?
b) in the next 5-10 years?
- In what ways should city centre business districts be different in 2031 compared with 2021?
- How should those responsible for planning, investing in and developing, managing and using city centre business districts prepare for the future of them?
We conducted 21 one-to-one interviews with a range a stakeholders.
- Hybrid Working
- Space Requirements
- Doing Business
- Social, Economic & Environmental
A set of three workshops followed where stakeholders discussed three overarching themes:
- Future Urban Experience
- Future Infrastructure
- Future Place
For more information on the Study and for media/press enquiries, please contact:
For more information on Colmore BID, please visit www.colmorebusinessdistrict.com/about.