Restriction Easing Guidance – 19 July
On 5 July, the Prime Minister hosted a press conference to set out plans for the final step of the Roadmap in England.
Step 4 is expected to begin on Monday the 19 July if the Government’s “four tests” for easing COVID restrictions have been met. This will be confirmed on Monday the 12th of July following a review of the latest data.
At Step 4, the Government will remove outstanding legal restrictions on social contact, life events, and open the remaining closed settings. The Government will instead enable people and businesses to make informed decisions about how to manage the risk to themselves and others.
This means that at Step 4:
- All remaining limits on social contact will be removed and there will be no more restrictions on how many people can meet in any setting, indoors or outdoors.
- All settings will be able to open, including nightclubs.
- Large events, such as music concerts and sporting events can resume without any limits on attendance or social distancing requirements.
- The legal requirements to wear a face covering will be lifted in all settings.
- Social distancing rules will be lifted.
- Businesses will be encouraged to display QR codes for customers to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app, although it will no longer be a legal requirement.
- It is no longer necessary for the Government to instruct people to work from home and employers can start to plan a return to workplaces.
Please find and read the full Summer Roadmap document which includes requirements relating to self-isolation and ventilation. The Government has also published information, including the final reports, regarding the reviews into Social Distancing, COVID-Status Certification, and the Events Research Programme: Roadmap Reviews