Free virtual Modern Slavery awareness training for the Financial Services Industry
The UK Modern Slavery Training Delivery Group, the UK Independent Anti-Slavery Commissioner, and Themis have developed a digital training tool for the financial services industry.
The training has been developed in collaboration with civil service departments, civil society and the financial services industry. It has been designed to cater to all financial organisations across the UK, with specific resources for all sectors from insurance to accountancy, investment management to retail banking, and includes guidance at an organisational level and for specific roles such as senior management, procurement and front line staff. The learner may explore as many of the sections as they wish.
In addition to general information about modern slavery, the course caters to specific industry sub-sectors and roles.
What can I do?
- We are asking all FIs across the UK to offer this free course to all your staff from your newest intern to your CEO & Board.
- Complete this course and learn about how you can take action to fight this terrible crime.
- Raise awareness of the issue across your organisation and encourage your external stakeholders also to take the course
- Ask questions within your organisation, get this issue on people’s radar
- Collaborate with other organisations
- Continue the discussion. Listen to our podcasts, join our webinars, share case studies, examples and red flags with us.
- ACT NOW. We encourage you to use the guidance, recommendations and tools that are most applicable to your business to further embed these controls within your enterprise- wide risk management systems.
The training is free to use and is now publicly available to view here.
An accredited certificate can be obtained upon completion of the final assessment.
Additional resources to help combat modern slavery can be found here.